Guidance for OTC Hearing Aids View Announcement

Temporary Licensee

This information is for those who hold a temporary/provisional license and are completing/have completed their Supervised Experience Year (SEY).

If you are a temporary/provisional licensee applicant please review your applicable temporary licensure page under “Applicants” for the correct information.

You will need to submit the SEY Report, and the permanent licensure fee $60.

With our new system, once you have entered your hours you will need to let your supervisor know. The system does not send an email notifying them.

In addition to the SEY Report we may also need the following:
  • If you have not made your Praxis score available you will need to do so. The reporting code is 7757.
  • Official transcripts showing your master’s/doctoral degree conferred. These can be submitted electronically from the university to us at [email protected] These can be mailed to NCBOESLPA, PO Box 16885, Greensboro, NC 27416-0885.

**Please note, applicants do supply official transcripts, they don’t always have the degree conferred. For the permanent license we need the official copy showing the degree conferred.**