(1) For registration, Assistants must present:
- evidence of successful completion of an Associate's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology Assisting from an accredited institution of higher learning, community college, or equivalent program. Official transcripts may be emailed directly from the training program to the Board to [email protected] ; OR
- evidence of successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution as well as a passing score on the N.C. SLP-Assistant Jurisprudence Exam. Official transcripts may be emailed directly from the training program to the Board to [email protected]
(2) a passing score on a competency test approved by the Board.
(3) The SLP-Assistant Registration documents completed and signed by the SLP-Assistant and supervising licensee(s). This packet includes all of the following:
- Applicant Information form
- Knowledge Demonstration for Licensed Speech-Language Pathologists to register a SLP-Assistant.
- SLP-Assistant Protocol Target Behavior Form- filled out and signed by both the SLP-Assistant and supervising licensee.
- Official transcripts with degree(s) conferred (Must be Printable if sent by official School email).
- Official letter(s) of verification from 'other states (if applicable).
- SLP-Assistant Registration fee $40.00*
*If payment is made by personal or business check, it must clear the mandatory 10-day hold from day of deposit before documents will be mailed out. Deposits are typically made on Fridays. These fees may also be paid by money order, cashier's check/bank check, or on our website through Pay Pal.