World Hearing Day
March 3, 2023
- Ear and hearing problems are among the most common problems encountered in the community.
- Over 60% of these can be identified and addressed at the primary level of care.
- Integration of ear and hearing care into primary care services is possible through training and capacity building at this level.
- Such integration will benefit people and help countries move towards the goal of universal health coverage.
Tips for Health ears:
- Use earplugs in noisy places
- Check your hearing regularly
- Wear your hearing aids regularly when advised
- See a doctor if you have ear or hearing problems
- Put cotton buds, oil, sticks or pins inside your ears
- Swim or wash in dirty water
- Share earphones or earbuds
- Listen to loud sounds or loud music
This information is provided by the CDC, for more information please visit the CDC website