Guidance for OTC Hearing Aids View Resources

Reciprocal Licensure

This is for licensees who hold a full unrestricted license to practice speech-language pathology or audiology in another state.

If you choose to be licensed in NC again, and your license has been expired for more than a year, you are issued a new license number.

Paper copies of applications are available upon written request. Requests can be emailed to Elisabeth Newman or written and mailed to PO Box 16885, Greensboro, NC 27416. We recommend using our new system online for a smoother application process.

A full list of Permanent Licensure Requirements is located on page three of Article 22 in section § 90-295. Qualifications of applicants for permanent licensure.

Note to Applicants: The most common reason for delay in the consideration of an application is error in completing the application accurately, providing the required information, and not following the instructions. Error can be avoided if you proceed in the application process carefully, thoroughly, and accurately. If you have any questions or need assistance, call the Board of Examiners at 336-272-1828.

I hold a full unrestricted license in another state!
    • To apply online you must create an account in our new system.
    • Complete the Open Book Quiz at the end of the application. This quiz covers licensure in the state of NC.
Required Documents submitted with your application listed below
  • Submit an official letter of verification from the state you are currently licensed in (only one is required). To submit electronically have the state board send them to [email protected]
  • Submit official transcripts showing your masters/doctoral degree conferred. To submit electronically have the university send them to [email protected]
  • The application fee is $30, the permanent license fee is $60, and for online payments a convenience fee is charged.
  • To mail in information send it to: NCBOESLPA, PO Box 16885, Greensboro, NC 27416-0885