Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology Interstate Compact Information Page


Changes to SLP-Assistant Registration Standards

March 5, 2021

In order to ease the burden on individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders, the Board has implemented the following policy:

Applicants who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from an accredited university are eligible to be registered as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant once they have passed the Board approved jurisprudence exam and the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Exam approved by the Board.

Please note the Board is still accepting ASHA Assistant Certification in lieu of the North Carolina Jurisprudence exam and the North Carolina SLP-Assistant administered exam. Additionally, we are still accepting passing scores on both exams if you do not have the ASHA Assistant Certification. Please click on the following link for more information:

Assistant Applicants are still required to submit official transcripts as part of their application and must still register under a NC licensed supervisor to work in NC.